A Reason To Wait ...


A worthless gift
I felt like giving you
I see lovers around
That’s what they all do
Lunatic me, in my desire to fathom
A love pure
Now I am afraid
Would you consider me an eye-sore?
A cue for my budding love, you had said:
"Presumptions are grave
And you can adore me
With whatever you brave" :)

Some say perfection is unattainable
For most things that's explainable,
But in your arms and with your heart's affection
I found a brief moment of perfection

You rested your lips on mine
I never knew that loving you
Could be this fine
But scared that I am
If it's a dream
My mind..
 My evil mind
But again,
Coy to his love, an eager slave
You had kissed my forehead
That enchanted
"Presumptions are grave" :)

You had held me
Like there was no tomorrow
I had suddenly forgotten
My past sorrow

A surreal mix of fact and fantasy
All I needed was a cue
For I was scared of losing you
If only you knew
With the touch that I still crave for
He said:
"Baebie, presumptions are grave
I love you and you are mine.." :)

 But then perplexed that you were:
“I love you but then
I fear
In the times to come
Can I see you this near?
An era seems to pass
From where I stand
I am afraid
If I am worth holding your hand

Kissing your lost eyes
I uttered:
I choose you over life and death
Don't worry;
 I'll move heaven and hell to get there.
You can't talk; you won't talk about it,
I understand.
But put your worries in my hands.
Lay your head down,
And believe that
I will do anything to stop your tears.
Without a sword
Or a great white horse
Or armor
You are my prince
Whom I'd swoon over, any day
So go and do your prime job
I'll wait for you
Until I get into my graveyard

 Today that we are apart
I think of it every time
That I look at the stars
I love you with fervor
That time can never reverse
I had given you the promise
I am only yours
This memory is mine
But that moment was ours

And I make it today
For I know one thing,
My love for you is blind
And it will always be that way.
I know you will come back
You are not gone, you are just away
After all,
You taught me
Presumptions are grave
Do I have a say? :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Nupur for your two wonderful drawings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. " I am only yours
    This memory is mine
    But that moment was ours"

    Superb keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete